Wednesday, September 22, 2010

When life hands you a bucket of crap . . .

A few weeks ago, I got a call from my new lawn guy. He said he was on his way over. The baby was fussy, but lightly dozing. After making sure she was secure, I ran outside to clean up the backyard. Just as I was finishing, I could hear the baby crying. I dropped the bag of poop into a bucket near the gate and fully intended to take it out to the trash the next minute I had free.

Scan forward two weeks, I again head out to the backyard to clean up after the dog. In the two weeks, the area has been hit by torrential downpours and flash flooding. I never went back outside to dump the bag into the trash can out front. The large bucket was now a swirling cesspool of liquid excrement, gag.

I will spare you the gory details, but I cleaned out the bucket, using the disgusting water to fill holes that my dog has been making in the yard. Supposedly the scent will discourage her from digging there anymore. I know it should discourage her from getting anywhere near those holes, but she also likes to roll in dead fish, so we'll see.

The lesson here is tri-fold. 1) If you leave a pile of crap somewhere, you are going to have to deal with it at some point in some way. 2) You can take any situation, no matter how distasteful, and find a way to use it to improve your life or self if you try. 3) Don't leave a bag of poop out in the rain, it isn't pleasant later. The last one is kinda obvious, but just in case you hadn't caught on - it was NASTY!! Really - I was smelling poop for hours. Gross.

My take on lemons to lemonade - have a good one. Also, post a question or comment. You can remain anonymous, but I haven't had a message in awhile asking me to offer advice.

No comments:

Post a Comment