Wednesday, September 15, 2010

One day at a time

I haven't had any new letters asking for advice so I am going to share some that my lovely mothers BOTH gave to me tonight. Take one day at a time, don't look at the entire huge task looming ahead, just focus on the day, hour, minute in order to survive.

Many tasks seem impossible at first blush. When I started running two years ago, I thought running a 5k was impossible. Within 3 weeks of starting to jog, I did my first 5k. That was November 1. On February 15, I ran a half-marathon. I didn't do it intending to run 13.1 miles. I did it intending to jog for three minutes and finished being able to jog for 2 1/2 hours.

For those of you who found this blog without knowing about my other one, I am a soldier's wife going through a deployment with a 4 month old baby a thousand miles away from family. Some of my days feel like marathons. And I have to take each day one second at a time.

No matter how horrible or amazing something is right now, the one constant you can count on is it is going to change. Savor the incredible moments because they pass too quickly and realize the horrible ones pass just as quickly, even if they seem to last forever.

Just take one day at a time and you can survive and conquer more than you think possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment