Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Best Laid Plans

Today's Tip from an amateur life coach who offers real advice! The first advice is based on my life. Nothing is under your control. It is an illusion. What you can do is plan. Today I was hit full in the face with a crisis for which I had no plan. My daycare closed due to a power outage and I didn't know what to do. I luckily was able to find a friend to spend the day with my daughter, but it made me realize that things happen. I need to start developing some people who might be able to step in during such a crisis and I need to have a few back up babysitters for emergencies.

Life is messy, complicated and rarely goes according to plan. Too many things are out of our control. The best we can do is to plan for all the things we can think of and hope for the best.

Please leave comments with your questions or situations for which you need an impartial ear. I am a teacher who has been through it all. I am non-judgmental and real. I will give you advice or at least a place to start in tough situations. BEND MY EAR! I dare you!

1 comment:

  1. Ever heard of the PACE model of planning. I'm a big fan of it. It states that every operation should have a Primary, Alternate, Contingency and Emergency plan. The primary is your best plan. The alternate is one that is slightly altered given different assumptions or weighting variables differently. The contingency is what you do when both of the two prior fail to work and the emergency is what you do when the world is falling apart around you.

    ReplyDelete